Built as mindless machines to fight in the Last War,the warforged developed sentience as a side effect of the arcane experiments that sought to make them the ultimate weapons of destruction. With each successive model that emerged from the creation forges of House Cannith, the warforged evolved until they became a new k ind of creature—living constructs. Warforged are renowned for their combat prowess, their size, and their single-minded focus. They make steadfast allies and fearsome enemies.
Warforged Racial Traits
- Dragonmarks: The warforged never possess dragonmarks (however there have always been rumors).
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Dexterity, -2 Wisdom – Constructs are physically strong of body but this added bulk makes them less dexterous. They also have a hard time understanding society.
- Base speed: 30 feet
- Warforged: are humanoids with the construct subtype.
- Immunity: to poison, paralysis, disease, nausea and effects that cause the sickened condition.
- Low Light Vision: See twice as far as normal in low light.
- Special healing: can be healed by a cure light wounds spell or a repair light damage spell. However cure spells only heal warforged for half the normal amount of damage.
- Living Construct: does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe. Although a living construct does not need to sleep, a warforged caster must rest for 8 hours before preparing spells.